This Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash with courgette (zucchini), onion and eggs makes a seriously delicious and healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner.
It’s packed with veggies and protein, making it a great meal for those who need to stay full while on the go. This anytime meal is also gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, meal prep friendly and takes less than 20 minutes to make.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A which helps support your immune system and gut health.
The best thing about hash is that you can make up a big batch with whatever veggies you have around and it will keep quite well. And if you're not a fan of sweet potato or courgette (zucchini), you can swap them for regular potatoes and bell peppers to achieve the exact same great tasting dish.
Prep Time: 4 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
• 16 oz. (450g) sweet potato, peeled and cut into cubes
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1½ tbsp. coconut oil
• 2 medium courgettes (zucchini), diced
• 1 onion, diced
• 8 eggs
• Handful of parsley, chopped
• Cayenne pepper, to taste
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook the sweet potato for 3-4 minutes in a pot of boiling water, then drain.
2. Heat the ½ tablespoon of the oil in a pan, over medium heat. Add the sweet potato, zucchini, onion and garlic, sauté for about 5 minutes, until cooked and browned. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the eggs to your liking.
4. Divide the vegetables between 4 plates, top with fried eggs and sprinkle with parsley. Season with cayenne pepper, salt and pepper, to taste and serve.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Per serving equals:
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try. For more healthy and delicious immunity-boosting recipes, grab a copy of my Immunity Support Recipe eBook.
If you want to optimize your health without severe restrictions or diets, book your free consultation with me today.