This Peanut Butter & Banana Protein Waffles recipe is a refreshing change from your everyday waffles. Soft, fluffy yet crispy with perfect hints of banana, these peanut butter waffles are a dream come true for a Saturday morning.
This waffle recipe is high in protein (18 grams per serving) which will help keep you fuller for longer. The protein comes from the peanut butter and eggs - no protein powder added!
Bananas are incredibly healthy, convenient, delicious, and one of the most inexpensive fresh fruits you can buy. This makes them an excellent choice for anyone interested in eating healthy. Peanut butter is loaded with so many good, health-promoting nutrients, including vitamin E, magnesium, iron, selenium and vitamin B6.
Looking for a vegan option? Use almond milk instead of regular milk and sub the eggs for more banana, apple sauce or flax eggs.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
• 7.4 oz. (210g) all-purpose flour
• 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1/4 tsp. salt
• 6.7 oz. (190g) peanut butter
• 4 fl oz. (120ml) olive oil
• 2 eggs
• 314 fl oz. (420ml) milk
• 2 bananas, mashed
• 1 tsp. coconut oil
• 4 tbsp. maple syrup
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt..
2. In a separate bowl, whisk the peanut butter and olive oil until well combined, then add the eggs and milk and whisk again.
3. Fold the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed. Now stir through the mashed bananas.
4. Heat your waffle maker following the manufacturer's instructions and brush with a little of the coconut oil. Ladle in enough waffle batter to just cover the surface. Cook following the manufacturer's instructions (usually 5-6 minutes) until the waffles are golden brown and crisp.
5. Serve warm with a drizzle with maple syrup.
This recipe makes around 8 waffles, allowing 2 per serving.
Per serving equals:
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try. For more healthy and delicious high-protein recipes, grab a copy of my High-Protein Recipe eBook.
If you want to optimize your health without severe restrictions or diets, book your free consultation with me today.