These mini pizzas are healthy and delicious that even the fussiest of eaters will love. The pesto gives them a ton of fresh flavour along with a beneficial amount of healthy fats and antioxidants.
They are a crowd pleaser at dinner parties and the perfect high-protein lunch or post-workout snack.
This recipe is also gluten-free and low-carb, making it a great meal option for weight loss.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
• 2 large sweet potatoes
• ⅓ cup (60g) basil (green) pesto
• ½ cup (55g) mozzarella, grated￼
• 1 tbsp. olive oil
• 7 oz. (200g) cooked chicken breast￼
• salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a large baking tray with baking paper or foil.
2. Slice the sweet potatoes lengthwise (¼ inch thick) and rub with olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the sweet potato slices on the baking tray and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven, flip and top each slice with pesto, chicken and mozzarella cheese.
5. Return the tray to the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
6. Remove from the oven and garnish with basil leaves. Serve immediately.
Per serving equals:
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try. For more healthy and delicious recipes, check out my range of Recipe eBooks.
If you need support and guidance while on your weight loss journey, book your free consultation with me today.