A healthy Christmas cake recipe that’s dairy free and contains no added sugars.
This Christmas cake recipe was designed to be as simple and straightforward as possible because December is stressful enough already. I don’t know about you, but for me December is always so insanely busy. Family events, work, trying to see some friends too…not to mention the Christmas planning, shopping and cooking. This cake doesn’t add too much work to the list.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 90 mins
• 1.4 lbs. (650g) dried fruits, chopped (dates, raisins, apricots, figs)
• 1 orange, peeled
• 3 eggs
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
• ½ tsp. ground ginger
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp. ground cloves
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• 4 ½ oz. (120g) coconut oil, melted
• 3 ½ oz. (100g) wholemeal spelt flour
• ½ cup (70g) almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Combine your choice of dried fruits in a large mixing bowl. ￼
3. Meanwhile add the eggs, orange juice, vanilla extract and spices into a blender and blitz until smooth.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the dried fruit, add the melted coconut oil and mix well to combine.
5. Add in the flour and baking soda and mix again.
6. Line a 7.5 inch (18cm) baking tin with baking paper and spoon in the cake mix.
7. Decorate the top with almonds and bake for 80 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove the cake from the oven, place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely before serving.
Per serving equals:
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try. For more healthy and delicious holiday recipes, check out the new Holiday Recipe Pack available now.
If you need support and guidance while on your weight loss journey, book your free consultation with me today.