This Meal Prep Breakfast Bowl is savoury, filling, and ridiculously tasty! It’s packed with veggies and protein, making it a great meal for those who need to stay full while on the go. This anytime meal is also Low Carb, Whole30 and Keto friendly!
Use this as a meal prep meal idea for the week. All you have to do is prep your veggies, cook them and combine together.
Perfect for any meal of the day. Use your favourite toppings for this meal prep breakfast bowl to spice things up and make it even more hearty.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
• 12 oz. (340g) Italian chicken sausages (or plant-based sausage of choice)
• 2 tbsp. olive oil, divided
• 1 cup (70g) mushrooms, sliced
• 1/2 red onion, diced
• 1 courgette, sliced
• 1 bunch asparagus (4.5 oz./125g) chopped
• 1/4 tsp. chilli flakes
• Salt and pepper
1. Cook the sausages according to the instructions on the packaging. Remove from the skillet and set aside to cool down.
2. Add half the olive oil to the same skillet and cook the mushrooms until softened, approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside to cool down.
3. Add the remaining olive oil and cook the red onion, courgette and asparagus for 5-7 minutes. Stir through the chilli flakes and season with salt and pepper.
4. Divide all the ingredients between 3 meal prep containers.
Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Per serving equals:
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try. For more healthy and delicious low-carb recipes, grab a copy of my Low Carb Recipe eBook.
If you want to lose weight without restrictions or fad diets, book your free consultation with me today.