This Autumn Kale & Tofu Salad recipe is a great meal to make during the colder months when you get tired of soups and stews and start craving bright, vibrant and nourishing food.
The kale and red cabbage base are loaded with antioxidants and are must have foods at this time of year for immunity. The peanut butter dressing contains a variety of health-promoting nutrients, including vitamin E, magnesium, iron, selenium and vitamin B6.
This salad recipe is low carb, gluten free, dairy free and completely meat free, making it a great lunch or dinner option for vegetarians or for those looking to try new plant-based meals.
Looking for a meat option? This salad goes perfectly with a grilled chicken breast instead of the tofu.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
• 14 oz. (400g) natural tofu
• 3 cups (90g) kale, chopped
• 1 cup (100g) purple cabbage, shredded
• 1 red bell pepper, chopped
• ⅔ cup (30g) carrot, grated
• 1 tbsp. coconut oil
• 3 tbsp. peanut butter
• 2 tbsp. coconut milk
• 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
• 1 tbsp. honey
• 1 tbsp. soy sauce
• ½ lime, juiced
• ½ tsp. chili flakes
• 1-2 tbsp. water
1. Wrap the tofu in a kitchen cloth and place something heavy on top of it - this will cause the moisture in the tofu to release.
2. In the meantime, prepare your vegetables. Toss the chopped kale, grated carrot and shredded cabbage in a salad bowl.
3. In a small bowl, mix all the dressing ingredients.
4. Heat the coconut oil in a pan. Cut the tofu into strips and season with salt and pepper — fry on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes each side, or until golden brown.
5. Divide the salad between bowls, top with tofu, drizzle with the salad dressing and season with black pepper to serve.
Per serving equals:
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try. For more healthy and delicious low carb recipes, grab a copy of the Low Carb Recipe eBook.
If you want to lose weight without dieting, book your free consultation with me today.